Terms & Conditions of Use
- These terms and conditions shall govern your use of my website.
- By using my website, you accept these terms and conditions in full; accordingly, if you disagree with these terms and conditions or any part of these terms and conditions, you must not use my website.
- If you register with my website, submit any material to my website or use any of my website services, I will ask you to expressly agree to these terms and conditions.
- You must be at least 18 years of age to use my website; by using my website or agreeing to these terms and conditions, you warrant and represent to me that you are at least 18 years of age.
2. Copyright notice
- Copyright (c) 2020 Annie Connolly.
- Subject to the express provisions of these terms and conditions:
(a) I, together with my licensors, own and control all the copyright and other intellectual property rights in my website and the material on my website; and
(b) all the copyright and other intellectual property rights in my website and the material on my website are reserved.
3. Licence to use website
- You may:
(a) view pages from my website in a web browser;
(b) download pages from my website for caching in a web browser;
(c) print pages from my website;
(d) stream video files from my website; and
(e) use my website services by means of a web browser,
subject to the other provisions of these terms and conditions.
- Except as expressly permitted by Section 4.1 or the other provisions of these terms and conditions, you must not download any material from my website or save any such material to your computer.
- You may only use my website for your own personal and business purposes, and you must not use my website for any other purposes.
- Except as expressly permitted by these terms and conditions, you must not edit or otherwise modify any material on my website.
- Unless you own or control the relevant rights in the material, you must not:
(a) republish material from my website (including republication on another website);
(b) sell, rent or sub-license material from my website;
(c) show any material from my website in public;
(d) exploit material from my website for a commercial purpose; or
(e) redistribute material from my website.
- Notwithstanding Section 4.5, you may redistribute my newsletter in print and electronic form to any person.
- We reserve the right to restrict access to areas of my website, or indeed my whole website, at my discretion; you must not circumvent or bypass, or attempt to circumvent or bypass, any access restriction measures on my website.
4. Acceptable use
- You must not:
(a) use my website in any way or take any action that causes, or may cause, damage to the website or impairment of the performance, availability or accessibility of the website;
(b) use my website in any way that is unlawful, illegal, fraudulent or harmful, or in connection with any unlawful, illegal, fraudulent or harmful purpose or activity;
(c) use my website to copy, store, host, transmit, send, use, publish or distribute any material which consists of (or is linked to) any spyware, computer virus, Trojan horse, worm, keystroke logger, rootkit or other malicious computer software;
(d) conduct any systematic or automated data collection activities (including without limitation scraping, data mining, data extraction and data harvesting) on or in relation to my website without my express written consent;
(e) access or otherwise interact with my website using any robot, spider or other automated means, except for the purpose of search engine indexing;
(f) violate the directives set out in the robots.txt file for my website; or
(g) use data collected from my website for any direct marketing activity (including without limitation email marketing, SMS marketing, telemarketing and direct mailing).
- You must not use data collected from my website to contact individuals, companies or other persons or entities.
- You must ensure that all the information you supply to us through my website, or in relation to my website, is true, accurate, current, complete and non-misleading.
5. Limited warranties
- We do not warrant or represent:
(a) the completeness or accuracy of the information published on my website;
(b) that the material on the website is up to date; or
(c) that the website or any service on the website will remain available.
- We reserve the right to discontinue or alter any or all of my website services, and to stop publishing my website, at any time in my sole discretion without notice or explanation; and save to the extent expressly provided otherwise in these terms and conditions, you will not be entitled to any compensation or other payment upon the discontinuance or alteration of any website services, or if I stop publishing the website.
- To the maximum extent permitted by applicable law and subject to Section 7.1, I exclude all representations and warranties relating to the subject matter of these terms and conditions, my website and the use of my website.
6. Limitations and exclusions of liability
- Nothing in these terms and conditions will:
(a) limit or exclude any liability for death or personal injury resulting from negligence;
(b) limit or exclude any liability for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation;
(c) limit any liabilities in any way that is not permitted under applicable law; or
(d) exclude any liabilities that may not be excluded under applicable law.
- The limitations and exclusions of liability set out in this Section 7 and elsewhere in these terms and conditions:
(a) are subject to Section 7.1; and
(b) govern all liabilities arising under these terms and conditions or relating to the subject matter of these terms and conditions, including liabilities arising in contract, in tort (including negligence) and for breach of statutory duty, except to the extent expressly provided otherwise in these terms and conditions.
- To the extent that my website and the information and services on my website are provided free of charge, I will not be liable for any loss or damage of any nature.
- We will not be liable to you in respect of any losses arising out of any event or events beyond my reasonable control.
- We will not be liable to you in respect of any business losses, including (without limitation) loss of or damage to profits, income, revenue, use, production, anticipated savings, business, contracts, commercial opportunities or goodwill.
- We will not be liable to you in respect of any loss or corruption of any data, database or software.
- We will not be liable to you in respect of any special, indirect or consequential loss or damage.
- You accept that I have an interest in limiting the personal liability of my employees and, having regard to that interest, you acknowledge that I are a limited liability entity; you agree that you will not bring any claim personally against my employees in respect of any losses you suffer in connection with the website or these terms and conditions (this will not, of course, limit or exclude the liability of the limited liability entity itself for the acts and omissions of my employees).
7. Breaches of these terms and conditions
- Without prejudice to my other rights under these terms and conditions, if you breach these terms and conditions in any way, or if I reasonably suspect that you have breached these terms and conditions in any way, I may:
(a) send you one or more formal warnings;
(b) temporarily suspend your access to my website;
(c) permanently prohibit you from accessing my website;
(d) block computers using your IP address from accessing my website;
(e) contact any or all of your internet service providers and request that they block your access to my website;
(f) commence legal action against you, whether for breach of contract or otherwise; and/or
(g) suspend or delete your account on my website.
- Where I suspend or prohibit or block your access to my website or a part of my website, you must not take any action to circumvent such suspension or prohibition or blocking (including without limitation creating and/or using a different account).
- We may revise these terms and conditions from time to time.
- The revised terms and conditions shall apply to the use of my website from the date of publication of the revised terms and conditions on the website, and you hereby waive any right you may otherwise have to be notified of, or to consent to, revisions of these terms and conditions.
- If you have given your express agreement to these terms and conditions, I will ask for your express agreement to any revision of these terms and conditions; and if you do not give your express agreement to the revised terms and conditions within such period as I may specify, I will disable or delete your account on the website, and you must stop using the website.
- You hereby agree that I may assign, transfer, sub-contract or otherwise deal with my rights and/or obligations under these terms and conditions.
- You may not without my prior written consent assign, transfer, sub-contract or otherwise deal with any of your rights and/or obligations under these terms and conditions.
- If a provision of these terms and conditions is determined by any court or other competent authority to be unlawful and/or unenforceable, the other provisions will continue in effect.
- If any unlawful and/or unenforceable provision of these terms and conditions would be lawful or enforceable if part of it were deleted, that part will be deemed to be deleted, and the rest of the provision will continue in effect.
11. Third party rights
- A contract under these terms and conditions is for my benefit and your benefit, and is not intended to benefit or be enforceable by any third party.
- The exercise of the parties’ rights under a contract under these terms and conditions is not subject to the consent of any third party.
12. Entire agreement
- Subject to Section 7.1, these terms and conditions, together with my Privacy & Cookies Policy, shall constitute the entire agreement between you and us in relation to your use of my website and shall supersede all previous agreements between you and us in relation to your use of my website.
13. Law and jurisdiction
- These terms and conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with English law.
- Any disputes relating to these terms and conditions shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England.
14. Statutory and regulatory disclosures
- None applicable.
15. My details
- This website is owned and operated by Annie Connolly.
- You can contact me by:
(a) using my website contact form; or
(b) by email at email@example.com